Excel MINIFS Function
The Excel MINIFS function returns the smallest numeric value that meets one or more criteria in a range of values. MINIFS can be used with criteria based on dates, numbers, text, and other conditions. MINIFS supports logical operators (>,<,<>,=) and wildcards (*,?) for partial matching.
- min_range - Range of values used to determine minimum.
- range1 - The first range to evaluate.
- criteria1 - The criteria to use on range1.
- range2 - [optional] The second range to evaluate.
- criteria2 - [optional] The criteria to use on range2.
MINIFS is a new function, available in Office 365 and Excel 2019.
The MINIFS function can be used to find a minimum value in data after applying one or more criteria. Conditions are applied using range/criteria pairs. MINIFS can handle up to 126 range/criteria pairs. Each criteria range supplied must be the same size as the min_range.
In earlier versions of Excel you can use an array formula based on MIN and IF to find minimum values with criteria.
In the example shown, the formula in H7 is:
MINIFS returns the minimum value in D3:D15 where C3:C15 is equal to "F".
- Criteria range(s) must be the same size as the min_range.
- MINIFS will return a #VALUE error if a criteria range is not the same size as the min_range.