Excel is a huge and complex application. With over 400 functions, 200 shortcuts, unlimited formulas, pivot tables, a full-blown charting engine, and a programming language, there is plenty to learn.
Smart people all over the world are spinning wheels right now, trying to get something working in Excel.
You are not alone :)
We build the resources you need to move forward when you get stuck. Here are a few examples:
- 222 shortcuts for Windows and Mac
- 500 Excel formula examples
- Excel functions for the minimalist
- 23 things you should know about pivot tables
- Practical, bite-sized, how-to videos
- 30 conditional formatting formulas
We get lots of nice feedback.
About our video courses
We also build online video courses in a very specific way:
- We break down each topic (formula, pivot table, tip, etc.) into a clean, bite-sized video that lasts 2-3 minutes. You don't have to dedicate a full hour to sit through a course. Instead, you can speed through three videos and learn three new concepts in under 10 minutes.
- We take complex topics like VLOOKUP and PivotTables and apply extreme focus, stripping out clutter, and highlighting core strategies you can use again and again (reinforcing everything you learn).
- Each video is clearly named for the topic covered. You can easily scan for what you need and watch a video on just that topic. You can log back in at any time and watch a 2 minute "refresher" video on a formula, and get back to work.
- Each video has a link to a practice worksheet. Follow along, and immediately practice the techniques covered in the video.
- All of our courses are lifetime access with no expiration date.
About Dave and Lisa
Exceljet is run by husband and wife team Dave and Lisa Bruns. Dave is a long-time user of Excel, with more than 20 years as a manager in the corporate world. He writes and narrates our videos. Lisa is an elearning animator. She assembles each video into a short, sweet package that you can finish well before your coffee gets cold. Dave and Lisa live with their three kids in Salt Lake City, Utah. When not untangling something in Excel, they do a lot of canoeing, cross country skiing, mountain biking, and camping.
Dave and Lisa mountain biking in Crested Butte, Colorado
We run a free weekly Excel newsletter focused on productivity, formulas, functions, charts, and pivot tables. To subscribe, fill out the form below. We'll send you a free shortcut PDF immediately, and you can unsubscribe any time.