Just getting started with Excel? Our Excel 101 course will give you a solid introduction in just over an hour, complete with practice worksheets. When you want to go further, you can apply the full purchase price for Excel 101 towards Core Excel, a complete beginner-to-intermediate video course.
What you get in this course
- Lifetime access to all videos 24 x 7 - learn online from anywhere
- An accelerated, step-by-step program to introduce you to Excel
- Guided practice - over 20 practice worksheets with answer keys
- Both Win and Mac shortcut keys are highlighted in all videos
- A free Excel Shortcut PDF with 200+ shortcuts
- A no-hassle money-back guarantee (we want you to be 100% satisfied)
What you'll learn
- What is Excel?
- How the ribbon is organized, and why tabs on the ribbon mysteriously appear and disappear when you select certain objects.
- How to create and save a new workbook.
- How to navigate through a workbook.
- How to insert, remove, and rearrange worksheets, and how to color tabs to make then easier to see.
- How to move and even duplicate worksheets (a huge time saver!)
How to select cells, and enter data
- How to select cells (including entire rows and columns).
- Shortcuts for selecting cells.
- How to get Excel to expand column widths automatically, so you can actually see your data (works for multiple columns, too, you just have to know where to click).
- How edit data you've already entered, and how to quickly delete data
- How to undo mistakes you made "a while back" (by default can step back through your last 16 actions when you need to).
- How to "cancel" a change you don't want to make, by pressing just one key. (You'll use this every day.)
- How to enter both formulas and functions (and how they differ).
- How to enter and verify references by pointing and clicking (a good way to prevent Excel disasters).
- How relative references really work and why they are so useful.
- How to edit an existing formula.
- How to change font, size, and color.
- How to insert special symbols in Excel like ™, ®, © etc.
- How to a border to one or more cells, and something called a "fill" (background color).
- What conditional formatting is and why it's helpful.
Q + A
Why Excel 101?
The short answer is that Excel remains a critical tool at the center of a huge number of business decisions. And yet, a huge amount of time is wasted every day by intelligent people trying to solve typical business problems with Excel. It's not their fault. Excel is complicated, and almost no one gets good training.
If you've never really used Excel, Excel 101 gives you a quick introduction. Each video is short – typically 3 minutes or less – and all videos come with a practice worksheet that you can download directly below the video. The course is is self-paced, so can move through it as fast or slow as you like.
Will the course work for both Windows and Mac?
Yes, but there are some differences in the Mac and Win interface. The videos were recorded in Excel 2010 on Windows 7. All videos show shortcuts for both Windows and Mac.
Do you have a guarantee?
Of course! If you aren't happy with the course, just let us know within 30 days and we'll give you a full refund. We're always interested in your feedback (so we can make the course better), but this a no-quibble guarantee. We want you to be completely happy.
How do I access the course content?
When you purchase the course, an account will be created for you automatically on the Exceljet website. You'll receive an email immediately with a link to login, and when you do log in, you'll have full access to all videos and practice worksheets for the course(s) you purchased.
Why short videos?
You must learn Excel by doing, there is no other way. Our videos are short and focused, so you can immediately practice what you've learned, and come back any time for a quick refresher.
Contact us with any questions.
Your Satisfaction Guaranteed
If you're not completely satisfied, let us know within 30 days for a full refund. We want you to be 100% satisfied.